GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum

GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum (http://www.gokarters.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   Home Brew And Tech Forum (http://www.gokarters.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Got a nice service monitor (http://www.gokarters.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=1875)

KC4UMO 03-13-2008 07:11 PM

Got a nice service monitor

1 Attachment(s)
I just bought an IFR 1200 service monitor. This thing is so sweet over the old one. Has spectrum, full duplex and the works.

Trying to find the manual online. I here it is there.

KI4RVH 03-17-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator (Post 15623)
I just bought an IFR 1200 service monitor. This thing is so sweet over the old one. Has spectrum, full duplex and the works.

Trying to find the manual online. I here it is there.

Nice!!! Now I know where to go if I need one. LOL

Chris

KU0DM 03-17-2008 09:00 PM

Very nice! :eyepop:

N2RJ 04-04-2008 02:03 PM

That is a beauty.

My friend Arnold, 9y4NG has a similar one, but he uses it mostly for commercial radio work.

KC4UMO 04-04-2008 09:00 PM

Thanks Ryan. I always wanted to own a IFR monitor when I was a repair tech. I used quite a few back then along with Wave Tec but always like the IRF better. Now after many years I have one. Just can not remember all the funtions...

GopBurry 11-26-2009 02:17 PM

Got a nice service monitor

GIT

Nice one mate pleased for you that sounds like a steal, is it in the right colour too as that would just be the deal of the century?

Charlie

JADE 11-26-2009 03:51 PM

What kind of mileage does it get. :arf2: I know this is a rather dumb question, but considering the source, some would say it's fitting. LOL Do you guys get much traffic on these radios nowadays? With all this new technology, I would think not. And to add to my rather dumb questions, what is the fascination and advantages of this type of communicating?

KC4UMO 11-26-2009 07:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[quote=JADE;17029]What kind of mileage does it get. :arf2: I know this is a rather dumb question, but considering the source, some would say it's fitting. LOL Do you guys get much traffic on these radios nowadays? With all this new technology, I would think not. And to add to my rather dumb questions, what is the fascination and advantages of this type of communicating?[/QUOTE

Lets see if I can splain Jade.
Ham radio unlike CB is a lot of fun. Cb is fun and has it's place also. But with ham radio you have to test to get your license. You can talk with folks all over the world. Not just with voice but with morse code, Slow Scan TV, and digital modes.

You can also make contacts via satellite. There are satellites that were but up by Amsat called OSCAR> orbital satellite carring amatuer radio. Plus a lot of astronauts are ham operators. So you can talk with the space shuttle or the International space station.

Yes technology has changed but it has also changed for ham radio. Making it more fun that ever.