GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum

GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum (http://www.gokarters.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   Gods Word (http://www.gokarters.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   the restrainer (http://www.gokarters.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=2149)

Sissy 10-29-2009 02:56 AM

the restrainer

A view to consider.

• 2Thessalonians

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
    2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
Don’t be troubled by what you have heard. That day is still yet to come.

• 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
That day (the day described in verses 1 & 2) will not come until the man of sin be revealed. Which means that the man of sin has not been revealed yet. He is still in mystery mode (ie. has not come to a full manifestation so that everyone will see who he really is when they see him).

• 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
    6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
    7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

taken
G1096
Thayer Definition:
1) to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being
2) to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen
2a) of events
3) to arise, appear in history, come upon the stage
3a) of men appearing in public

4) to be made, finished
4a) of miracles, to be performed, wrought
5) to become, be made
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb

• 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
The “mystery” of the one is “revealed”.
It is the “mystery” that will be taken out of the way.

• 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
After the working of who?????
Satan.
No longer called the “mystery of iniquity”, no longer called the “man of sin”.
He has been revealed for who he really is – Satan. The mystery was taken away.

Notice in verse 7:

“taken out of the way”

way

G3319
Thayer Definition:
1) middle
2) the midst
3) in the midst of, amongst
Part of Speech: adjective
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G3326

No longer hidden in a crowd as a wolf in sheep clothing. The sheep clothing has been taken away and the wolf is revealed. No more mystery.

Let me repeat a part of what I posted earlier:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy (Post 201)

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.[/list]

taken
G1096
Thayer Definition:
1) to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being
2) to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen
2a) of events
3) to arise, appear in history, come upon the stage
3a) of men appearing in public

4) to be made, finished
4a) of miracles, to be performed, wrought
5) to become, be made
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb

This is the very same Greek word (G1096) used here at the 1st revelation, manifestation, coming of Christ:

John 1:14 And the Word was made (G1096) flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Or as Paul puts it:

1Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

This was the 1st revelation, manifestation, coming of Christ.

His 2nd is recorded in Revelation.

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation (G602) of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Did ya notice that (G602) ?
Good, cause here it comes again.

1Corrinthians 1
7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming (G602) of our Lord Jesus Christ:
8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.