GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum

GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum (http://www.gokarters.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   Elmers Forum (http://www.gokarters.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   No elmers? (http://www.gokarters.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=1858)

N2RJ 03-09-2008 02:50 PM

No elmers?

Okay, I've only been a ham 10yrs now, but if you have anything you need to ask me, feel free!

KI4RVH 03-09-2008 04:03 PM

Ryan,

We are working on getting this part of the forum going. We're going to have guest elmers post articles about subjects and let people ask questions. We'll just see how things work. We're also going to start doing projects. We have decided the first will be a satellite antenna since techs on up can do that. We're going to get the plans posted and work on it and let people ask questions. We plan on having a complete date and try to work each other. I have another idea for a project after that. Thanks for offering to be an elmer. I've only been a ham for less than 2 years. I love sharing what I know, but we welcome your 10 years experience. Jump in any time. If you have any educational material on ham radio that you'd like to submit feel free.

Chris

N2RJ 03-09-2008 04:20 PM

Thanks.

The projects ideas sound great!

I'm looking forward to the guest elmers posting stuff. I always like learning stuff as well.

K0DXC 03-10-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2RJ (Post 15551)
Okay, I've only been a ham 10yrs now, but if you have anything you need to ask me, feel free!

I'm just about entering my third year as a ham. I'll keep it in mind Ryan, thanks.

KC4UMO 03-10-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2RJ (Post 15553)
Thanks.

The projects ideas sound great!

I'm looking forward to the guest Elmer's posting stuff. I always like learning stuff as well.

I do not rely on years of service to consider someone an (elmer).
You in fact have shown that you know what you are doing.
Yes experience helps, but not always the case. I myself have seen comments from you that outweigh many years of experience.

You been a AR operator for ten years, but show much more.
Myself I been in it close to 18 years.

On this board, I consider you an Elmer.

kk7ue 04-07-2008 10:48 PM

Im with Ryan in sayin that if you have a question, I will help you with the answer or send you in the right direction for it. Having been at this (AR) for 12 years (& around transmitters since '72) doesnt make me a wiz or nothin, but Im all for helping out folks when I can. Lets just say its a calling from on high and leave it at that.

Satellite stuff is new to me although I did make a contact via satellite once many moons ago. That would be interesting. If Im not learning something, Im bored so keep me entertained and learning! I will try to do the same.

BTW, you guys have the wildest smilies around. Exploring that at dialup will take the better part of a day alone! :407:

Keep the faith es 73 de kk7ue dit dit

KE6SHJ 04-07-2008 11:12 PM

Ive been an AR for about 16 years, I think, us old farts have memory lapses at times HIHI I can help when needed the best I can!!! :)

WV6Z 04-08-2008 12:16 AM

Yup, like everyone else has said, I would be glad to help and yes, even I can be serious once in a blue moon.

KI4RVH 04-08-2008 12:58 PM

If anyone is interested we are about to finish up our Satellite antenna project and have a sat party day and try to work each other. The plans are located on this same forum. Our next project will be an HF antenna for 10, 15 and 20 Meters. I'm no expert on any of this. We're learning as we go!

Chris