Thread: Christ-Mass
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Silver Member

Being Conformed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Being Conformed
Default The Gospel

http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-b...l?strongs=2098

Is not the Gospel the "good news" that our God has sent the Messiah to be our Savior.

Quote:
Galatians 1:6-10 (CEV)

The Only True Message
6I am shocked that you have so quickly turned from God, who chose you because of his wonderful kindness. [a] You have believed another message, 7when there is really only one true message. But some people are causing you trouble and want to make you turn away from the good news about Christ. 8I pray that God will punish anyone who preaches anything different from our message to you! It doesn't matter if that person is one of us or an angel from heaven. 9I have said it before, and I will say it again. I hope God will punish anyone who preaches anything different from what you have already believed. 10I am not trying to please people. I want to please God. Do you think I am trying to please people? If I were doing that, I would not be a servant of Christ
This of course is the gnostic teaching about Christ - not about which days are Holy ... but claiming to have secret revelations about Christ and trying to put those back under the law.

Galatians 3:1-5 (CEV)
Faith Is the Only Way
Quote:
1You stupid Galatians! I told you exactly how Jesus Christ was nailed to a cross. Has someone now put an evil spell on you? 2I want to know only one thing. How were you given God's Spirit? Was it by obeying the Law of Moses or by hearing about Christ and having faith in him? 3How can you be so stupid? Do you think that by yourself you can complete what God's Spirit started in you? 4Have you gone through all of this for nothing? Is it all really for nothing? 5God gives you his Spirit and works miracles in you. But does he do this because you obey the Law of Moses or because you have heard about Christ and have faith in him?
Wow, putting them back under the law - legalism. What happened to Grace?