Thread: Christ-Mass
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Silver Member

Being Conformed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Being Conformed

I agree with many comments made in this thread no we shouldn't lie; yet we also must give milk where milk is needed.

As Jade (and I think maybe JAM) had it not been for going to church as a young'n who knows?

I for one believed in Jesus and Santa Claus and creation and evolution (don't even go there - it isn't a blond thing-lol) Hey, the point is we are all unique and at different levels in our walk-we are going to make the ACLU look GREAT and create a bigger stumbling block for seekers, babes in Christ because they will feel confused. While it may lead to soul searching it may also lead others astray. As far as the lie - many things have been said - such as we are to live each day for Jesus. If we explain to ppl the symbolism and that we are using a good thing to destroy a negative thing that is not a lie (not in my heart anyway).

I never even noticed what you shewed me about the song Noel it's not one of my favs anyhoo! I know that once I grew in my knowledge the words of Christmas hymns took on such a deeper meaning and I understood them rather than just singing them. I understood the message being presented.

I'll be quiet now. This was church for me this morning.

God Bless!

:nond