Thread: Christ-Mass
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Silver Member

Being Conformed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Being Conformed

Sissy, get the impression you don't celebrate Christmas :elff

That's cool!

What's his name (JADE pretty much summed up how I feel give or take.

Christ died for all (even the athiests). Sissy, I think you were the one who said it was a heart matter and I agree. I like the posts made by DB and J???321??? at that 'other' place. I see it as a great time to witness - so many ppl show up for church on Christmas and Easter and actually 'hear' the gospel.

I don't have links to provide you I have a tree ornament and it speaks of it as being 'evergreen to indicate the eternal life with Christ' and the lights being the light of the world... Santa - St. Nick - supposedly an abbreviated form for a Danish/Swedish pronounciation. Candy canes represent the blood of Jesus and the Cleansing of our sins.....

I too have more convictions each year and perhaps that is the Holy Spirit growing us up also the season has become so commerical and about sales and shopping - now those in themselves can be idols, as can decorating...

As Christians we are called to celebrate Christ every day seems like at times some of us reserve it for Christmas and Easter to go the extra mile.

Last year was the first Christmas w/o my mom who had died in Sept. with both parents deceased and being single and alienated from my sibs - I felt such self pity, lonely, grief I still had God though. This is an opportunity for me to get of my duff and go and feed the hungry and visit ppl who are lonely - so God does Romans 8:28! :thup2