Thread: Christ-Mass
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Administrator

Sissy is on a distinguished road

It is a heart issue.
Romans 14 tells us that this should not separate us as Christian brothers and sisters.
Like I said before, I don't get all bent out of shape because someone celebrates Christmas.

But I do think that many Christians have not looked into the origin of this holiday. This thread a just a way bring knowledge to some who may have never been aware of this.
I'm not posting this thread to make anyone feel guilty or suggest that they are not Christian.
And at the same time, I don't want anyone to think I don't care deeply for our Lord because I no longer wish to celebrate in this manner.

It's been a process for me over the years to let go of it little by little. Each year I look into it a little more, and each year I get more uncomfortable with it. It got to where I would look around my home and all the stuff just reminded me of the pagan practices I had reasearched and I began to question whether my motive for doing such was mostly because of habit.
And of course, the commercialization of the holiday just got way out of hand.

And I like your idea. I think giving to the needy would be much more Christian than wasting money on decorations and another tie for Dad!!!!

God bless you,
Sissy

Look for the good in people. And let the good in you be visible to them.