Thread: Christ-Mass
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Platinum

JADE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Can you take these pagan practices and turn them into a Christian thing?
Interesting read, and yes I can. Because everything is of God and I give praise to all that is God. I don't worship the tree and it is not a representation or idol of a god or God. But God created it and it is only an adornment.

I know you have a strong belief against these things and I have a weak belief for these things.(if I don't wish to put up a tree, its of no real importance to me, if I do, its of no real significance of my Christian belief) It is no different than to dress up a bit nicer when one goes to Church. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

But the attack against Christians is why there is an attack against Christmas. And while I accept that many of the silly things we see that some folks think represent Christians at Christmas don't, it is the attack that I resent.

If you are truly against Christmas and all the trappings, then I expect you are also against the symbol of the Cross. It does not represent Christ or Christians. If anything, it represents the murder of our Lord. If he were hung by a rope, would we have the noose as our symbol of how they killed our Lord?

So I understand and respect what you are saying and what you believe. I'm not even trying to say that what I believe is correct, because I accept that being just a man, I am prone to missunderstanding what the Word really says.

But I question what I think God is saying to me and I really question what man says to me. :nond

I question....therefore I think....I think....therefore I am....I think?