View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Sissy is on a distinguished road
Default sewest up - Job 14:17

Quote:
Job 14:17 My transgression is sealed up in a bag, and thou sewest up mine iniquity.

The Hebrew language is very visual, and this is what that sentence is conveying (both halves relate to the same action, so it is not two separate but similar actions, as it sounds in English, but rather, two parts of the same action):

"You take my rebellion, and package it up in a parcel (some kind of package that is going to be shipped very far away), then you firmly sew (or glue) the top shut, sealing all my evil inside."

So it is not just about "covering over," but much more. It is about removing them from you, sealing them tightly somewhere they cannot escape, then sending them far, far away where they can never touch you again. Those suckers are GONE!

And it is not just the "sin," but the spiritual rebellion that CAUSES the sin. In other words, God changes your heart and removes your sin. So you become . . . (drum roll) . . . a pure and holy creation!

You might say that God is using a "spiritual FedEx" to send your rebellion and sin so far away that it can never return.

Kind of a cool word-picture, huh?

Hope this helps.

Grace and peace to you all,

Rhomphaia

Look for the good in people. And let the good in you be visible to them.