View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Silver Member

Being Conformed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Being Conformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Mom
So we do away with Christmas across the board, let's say.

No one celebrates it, or it turns into a "holiday" as called in other countries.

Now we have NO reference to Jesus at all except for easter, and that's a whole other can of worms.

Are we shutting opportunity off to spread the Word?

We have a time of year when many are lonely, many are sad, many hit depression...many that could be open to Jesus at this time of year.

Do we use what we have today, since we can't go "back" to the days before the RCC made this pagan holiday.

Did Jesus use what He had to work with, in the "time" He was in?
First, I habba code n its hard to type rite now. lol

No offense but do we have other verification of that fact about Constantine ... I've seen some other articles and I do know the 25th is a page festival and the church tried to make something good out of a bad day.

As far as ppl being lone, sad and depressed it does increase this time of year and being one who suffers from depression and SAD could that not be a part of it. We have ppl in this condition year around. In the winter they will isolate more.

Also, is part of the reason because we do make such a hoopla and family event of it that it only increases their awareness of being lonley? All the 'bling' that goes along with Christmas - shopping, presents, spending time with friends and loved ones that just makes those who are already alone more aware of their loneliness unless they are able to take hold of that and reach out to others.

Just some thoughts.