Thread: Ic 7000
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Bronze

KB3LAZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae5eh View Post
Well, thanks for the reply Travis. I found a used TS2000LE, and should have it hopefully by the end of this coming week. The 910H's I had were decent radios for what they were. My PROIII, and 7700 are my go to HF radios. I seldom operate FM on the VHF or UHF ham bands, and I don't listen to it. If I do operate 2m/70cm its sideband. I've spent a lot of time on the road in the last 3 months, and my 7000 has got more use than any other radio I have. The 910H's never get powered up any more. The last time I was home I turned one on to get on a 2m SSB round table I enjoy when I'm home. I was astonished in the difference that the 7000's DSP made in its rcvr vs the 910H's not having it. The differences were not subtle to me. The 7000 was so much better. When I first got the 910H's months earlier, I immediately installed the CR293 hi stab xtal osc's and the audio UT106's in both of them. I also checked the alignment of both 910 xcvrs on the bench with the specs provided in the OEM service manuals. Of course most OEM alignment specs are just baseline adjustments. But although I could have, I wasn't motivated to fiddle with any fine tweaks in the 910H's. I'm not the type that likes to count the pieces of salt on a pretzel if you know what I mean.

Anyhow, like most all things I do, I believe what I see. I'll ask an opinion here and there, but ultimately there's no substitute for having the article in question in hand. And, when I get the TS2000, I'll see how she does. But thanks for your help and friendly reply.

Talk to ya' later Travis. Take care, and take it easy.

Terry
So true, I am the same way.
Opinions are a great starting point but I like to make the final decision myself.
Also I am glad you gave me the preview on the 910, I have thought about buying one, but I cant bring myself to spend that kind of money on a dual band radio.