View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 06:37 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Invisible_2_no1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Invisible_2_no1

Well, I guess that's why I brought the question up over here. I don't think that "line" was ever successfully drawn.

I am just shocked that a santa is an a position to "USE" his influence in that role to possibly spread more ilk with the santa lie.

While posing as a "light"...

Leading the little ones astray...

And in some cases I see things as very black and white. I don't agree at all with the santa stories, because I was one of those that wept (cried horribly) when I found out that santa was a lie, but I also am one that trusted my parents completely.

That year was a hard year for this mom.

To me, santa stirs up all kinds of disappointments and false promises.

I would think some child, not from a christian home that heard about Jesus the first time from the guy he gave his want list to, would chuck it all when he found out that the jolly guy isn't who he says he is. But, maybe not. Maybe a seed would be planted and the child would question and find more answers about Jesus.

And I agree Sissy, things should be presented to children, when they are old enough to handle this truth, that they always have a choice. God has made them an individual and with that comes freedom of choice. No one should be tricked into believing or following something against their will.