View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Platinum

JADE is on a distinguished road

Sadly I am all to aware of these things. As you might have gathered from my other posts, the last 12 years I was a QA(quality assurance) inspector for the DOD military housing. So one of my duties was inspecting the cleaning done by our contractors in the military hsg during COM(change of occupancies), and the Gov't facilities(which did include some child care facilities also).

Since I was a firm inspector, had specifically written contracts, and had good and fairly well paid contractors, I could expect good results. We had control and oversight and so they cleaned all areas and especially the child care facilities. So I know it can be done if it is taken seriously and money and manpower is sufficient.

That being said, I am appalled at the cleaning at most schools, churches and child care facilities. And I think that is from exactly the opposite reason why ours was so good. They lack oversight, money and manpower. And in the churches case, probably too forgiving and accepting of substandard work by volunteers, low paid employees and folks with sob stories.

My kids did go to a church preschool and while they got better attention, love, disciple, and education, it was obvious they lacked in the cleanliness department. I know it is difficult with all these little monsters running around, but I think they and all child care facilities should budget for serious cleaning. During this time of year the kids were getting sick in alarming percentages and it was obvious again that it was due to the spred of germs through the facililty and all the toys being handled without cleaning.

I don't know if that helps you any, but its a view from an ex professional(now retired) and ex concerned parent.(kids no longer in child care or at that grubby age)

I question....therefore I think....I think....therefore I am....I think?