View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 08:52 PM

MAC40 is on a distinguished road
Default Testing by Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0DXC View Post
I have always been taught that to be saved by the lord Jesus Christ to simply pray and ask him to forgive you and you are born again.

You don't get to heaven by doing good deeds, but you do get to him through the Lord Jesus Christ, I wish I remembered the bible verse right now. Something in Romans I think...
That is a very good point for you see, a typical Jewish man has always been taught that he must keep the Sabbath (don’t work or travel on Saturday) and obey the Law of Moses if he hopes to enter the Kingdom of God. (Salvation by The Law)

Tens of thousands of Baptists are being taught they must repent of their sins, be water baptized and to keep short accounts with the Lord for their salvation. If they backslide, their salvation is lost and they can never again be saved. (Conditional Salvation)

Other Baptist ordained ministers teach that you must repent of your sins, be water baptized and live the Christian life and your salvation is sealed until the day of redemption. A failure to display a Godly life revokes this salvation as being incomplete however. (Lordship Salvation)

The Catholic Church teaches that all the Protestants are going to their destruction because the Apostolic Lineage from Peter, down through the generations of popes to the present day exists only in the ‘true’ church. Having no Apostolic Lineage, all protestant churches lack the divine power to save anybody. (If this is true you might have a problem if you're not Catholic)

Huge numbers of teachers and ordained ministers are teaching that God decided if He loved you before you were born and that Jesus did NOT die for everyone. They teach that Jesus’ sacrifice was not provided as restitution for the sins of Pharaoh, for Saul or for Judas (and obviously not for YOU if you don’t attend their church). (Calvinism)

If you lived within 500 miles of Salt Lake City, you would probably be learning that the power of salvation was restored to earth by the modern-day prophet, Joseph Smith and only members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints have any access to salvation. (Mormonism)

Millions will perish because they were brought up to believe in this church or in that church or in no church. The big question here is “What does God say is necessary for salvation?” (The Law? Calvinism? Catholicism? Lordship Salvation? Mormonism? ) You cannot afford to be wrong. Let’s face it; all of us have been taught something or other. It is up to us to test it against scripture to see if it is true.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

So, as we can see. It is NOT what we have "BEEN TAUGHT", but "what saith the SCRIPTURES" that will determine the plumbline for TRUTH that all of us will be held to when we stand before God.

Last edited by MAC40 : 02-22-2008 at 09:48 PM.