Thread: Christ-Mass
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 01:22 PM

4 ever learning is on a distinguished road

thanks for the welcome guys...

I understand that almost all of Christianity will be celebrating Christmas for years and years, and I also know that many people cant except alot of what I believe because of tradition. I have friends that I’m sure think I’m crazy (although they do not let me know this) haha...but I also have friends that are gaining interest in the why and the how of what I’ve done or do. I think the easy part for me is I’m a man, and I’ve never really cared for all the decorations in the first place...hahaha so its not as hard for me.
But if you really look at it, Christmas is a great big sale. People buy and buy and buy and ask for or expect, and all the while saying Jesus is the reason for the season. (not everyone...just most) There are many who work soup kitchens for the homeless and give gifts to the needy and so on and that’s awesome. But when I look around I see depictions of Christ in alot of places (that still allow it) but mostly I see Santa and lights and snowmen and Christmas trees. It makes ME feel like I’m in Vegas and I’m waiting on a bunch of Santa’s to start singing Elvis songs. (nothing against Elvis) haha
To me I don’t think it will be hard to remove Christ out of Christmas because he's not really in it to begin with. They have all the other fun things to do and have and don’t really need Christ (in their minds)...as long as they have their trees, gifts, decorations, parades, Santa’s, songs, and lights on their houses.

I would love to continue the Christmas celebration because it's fun...but the more I learn, the more I want to run away....hahaha

take care, GOD bless

Last edited by 4 ever learning : 12-09-2006 at 01:28 PM.