Thread: Christ-Mass
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Sissy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being Conformed
Sissy, what do consider the gospel? (just humor me here please)
Here’s what the apostles were taught to teach us:

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Now, find me a scripture where they ever taught to observe His birth. Ain’t there. Why?

Matthew 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
and there be a whole bunch of Idolatry going on at X-mas time,
and a whole lot of money being made by it
Good point Buzz.
Just another way the Pharisees of the world can continue their den of thieves.

Here’s another guy who thought it might be a good idea to “create” another holy day that God did not ordain. Jeroboam, king of the northern kindom Israel.

1Kings 12
32 And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Bethel, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made.
33 So he offered upon the altar which he had made in Bethel the fifteenth day of the eighth month, even in the month which he had devised of his own heart ; and ordained a feast unto the children of Israel: and he offered upon the altar, and burnt incense.

You can follow up with this story to see if God was pleased.

Deu 12:30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared byfollowing them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou inquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.

That’s what has happened. Pagans had their way of worshipping their gods. And we are trying to worship our God in a likewise manner.

Look for the good in people. And let the good in you be visible to them.