Thread: Mom and Dad
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Gold Member

KI4RVH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KU0DM View Post
But does that mean homosexuality is wrong?

Refer to the Bible. Its pretty cut and dry.

It states sodomy is wrong, but does that make homosexuality wrong? One can't prove beyond reasonable suspicion that just because one is homosexual, that they will perform an act of sodomy.

If you read the quotes Crazy made you will see it speaks of lying together. Lots of things happen when a man and woman lie together. I won't go into that. I'm sure you get the idea.

If the Church wants to discriminate against someone, it should be sodomites not homosexuals. Homosexuality is the state of loving, or strongly caring for one of the same sex. NOT an abomination. Sodomy is different than homosexuality, that is an act.

The Church just holds true to Biblical standards. If the Church didn't preach against sin and just told everyone to do whatever they wanted to do it would just be a social club. Nothing wrong with a social club but thats not the purpose of the Church. Sodomy is not the only issue. Its the unnatural lust after one of the same sex and the acting on it.

Even then, just because one my commit and act of sodomy, should the Church hate them? No. God loves us all, and the famous and almost annoying quote "Hate the sin, love the sinner"

No Church I have ever had dealings with hates anyone. All sinners including myself are welcome at my Church. God does love us all. He gave his Son to die on the Cross for us. Thats how much he loved us. He also gave us the Bible to tell us how to live. None of us live up to it. Jesus died to save us from our sins and if we believe in him we are forgiven. This is not a license to sin. We should strive to do the best we can. Homosexuality is not worse than any other sin. Sin is sin. Ultimately God is the final judge not us.
OK, I'm done. I hope I explained everything so you can understand. Its just not folks trying to be mean or discriminate but its just folks trying to follow the Bible. The BSA takes the same stance by the way. They always have. They believe its not "Morally Straight".

Chris

Last edited by KI4RVH : 05-17-2008 at 07:35 PM.