Thread: 1000 years
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:26 AM

LoraHup is on a distinguished road
Default 1000

the AFI is revealing their new top-100 list, a 10th Anniversary edition of "100 Years, 100 Movies." They will be compiling a new list of the 100 Greatest Movies of All Time. I know a lot of people are annoyed by these lists, but I actually enjoy them. I tend to approach them in much the same way I approach the Oscars -- its a tacky affair, but its fun.

Anyway, although the AFIs original top 100 list was nothing to write home about, I find it interesting that 10 years later, two films from that list still have not made their way to DVD. The African Queen 1951 and The Jazz Singer 1927 are still out there in limbo. It seems that I heard somewhere out there that The Jazz Singer will be released either later this year or next year. Im not particularly looking forward to it. It holds historical significance as the first major talkie, but one viewing was sufficient for me.

The African Queen, on the other hand, is a true classic, and why it is still unavailable is beyond me. Youve got Kate Hepburn, Bogie, Huston, and a wild river adventure, and that equals a great time Does anyone have info on this movie?