View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Bronze

KC8TCQ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Well,
Last night I went out to the shack and turned the hf rig on. Went to 40 meters to do a little code.

Could not copy a lick! Played with the filter settings and nadda. Was thinking what is wrong with my rig?? Turn the other rig on and same problem. Then it came to me why.

A few months ago I have a real bad ear infection. And been having problems ever since. (Right Ear). I can not even use a Ceil phone with that ear. Every thing is scratchy and muffled sounding.

Guess I am going to have to try a single ear phone. So I do not hear the code with my right ear. This is very discouraging
I know how you feel, after years of abusing my ears playing in rock/ jazz/ and blues bands, swinging hammers in confined areas working construction, and having sirens wailing directly overhead, I am now partially tone deaf and have tinitus and have a hard time copying code. I'm about to the point where I'm about to use one of those computer programs to copy it for me. I would love to be able to work CW as QRP is one of the things I am interested in.