GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum  
QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > Walk With Faith > Sermons and Outlines
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Silver Member

arsmith is on a distinguished road
Default The Other Side of Trust.(Gambling)

The Other Side of Trust. This message will look at the other side of trust, gambling and the flesh. As Christians, who do we put our trust in? 1Ti 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
Putting trust in uncertain riches has begun to inhabit many that are seeking a quick way of becoming rich and prosperous. Gambling away Gods gifts, is not the way to become wealthy. We must remember that the gold and silver of this world will be useless at the day of Retribution. Isa 2:19; And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

What then do we consider wealth? 1Co 10:23-24; All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth. “things are lawful” many states have made gambling lawful, but does this edify God? expedient=Useful; profitable. “but all things edify not.” This means to instruct and improve the mind in knowledge generally, and particularly in moral and religious knowledge, in faith and holiness. Weather these things are lawful in the sight of man, does this also lead to hurting a younger Christian not well versed in the word?
1Co 8:10-13; For if any man(The Younger) see thee which hast knowledge (The Elder) sit at meat in the idol's temple(Do things that are lawful but not to edification.), shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; (believe that these things edify the Church and Christ.)
And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? (Even thou you may be able to control you own actions, the weaker may, by your example, fall, being able not to control His actions.)
But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. (If what you do causes the younger to fall, would not you be held responsible?)
Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
“offend”, To draw to evil, or hinder in obedience; to cause to sin or neglect duty. The word flesh, as stated here, is not only the flesh as of meat, but rather also of the worldly things. If what we are doing in this world offends a younger or elder Christian, then we have the responsibility to stop these actions.
Are we our brothers keeper? Yes. We are to help others, week in faith, to grow in faith and in knowledge of the Lord.
1Co 10:23 -
things are lawful: 1Co_6:12, 1Co_8:9; Rom_14:15, Rom_14:20
edify: 1Co_8:1, 1Co_14:3-5, 1Co_14:12, 1Co_14:17, 1Co_14:26; Rom_14:19, Rom_15:1, Rom_15:2; 2Co_12:19; Eph_4:29; 1Th_5:11; 1Ti_1:4
Money will burn and coins will melt. Gold and Silver will be thrown into the caves for the Bats and the Moles. Isa 2:20-21; “In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;
To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.” We do not seek an earthly fortune, but rather a Heavenly Kingdom. We are strangers in this life, we, being Children of God, do not belong here on this earth, for it is a foreign land. Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. If we, being the Joint heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven, must depend upon games of chance, to obtain material possessions, do we then not trust in God, but rather our trust has dependence upon man and the flesh? By doing this are we making a testimony to God that we do not believe that He has the power to supply our every need and desire? Now if this is our testimony, then how shall God, being Righteous, able to reward Evil with Good?
Act 20:33 I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel. By gambling we actually covet what another man has, thereby we commit sin. Now God cannot reward sin. “Covet” To desire or wish for, with eagerness; to desire earnestly to obtain or possess. To desire inordinately; to desire that which it is unlawful to obtain or possess; in a bad sense.
Rom 3:5-6; But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)
God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?

Act 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
Rev 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
Thou you say that these things will benefit the community, the poor, the the down trodden, we must remember that, the end does not justify the means. For God shall Judge our works, weather they be Good or Evil. Think about it. Ars. Lev_17:7; Deu_32:16, Deu_32:17; 2Ch_11:15; Psa_106:37-39; 2Co_4:4; Rev_9:20
1Co 10:24 -
seek: 1Co_10:33, 1Co_9:19-23, 1Co_13:5; Phi_2:4, Phi_2:5, Phi_2:21
1Co 8:13 -
if meat: 1Co_6:12, 1Co_9:12, 1Co_9:19-23, 1Co_10:33, 1Co_11:1, 1Co_13:5; Rom_14:21; 2Co_11:29; 2Ti_3:8, 2Ti_3:9