GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum  
QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > Walk With Faith > Sermons and Outlines
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Silver Member

arsmith is on a distinguished road
Default Your Trial of Faith.

Faith is a substance that we all can feel and recognize. Especially at times of great stress and anxiety. Does being a believer in Christ mean an easy walk? No. You can understand and feel the trials of Faith in these end days. Wars rumors of Wars, Fire, Flood, Petulance. Are you being touched by these things and still believe?

Faith is not hope, hope is something that you do not posses and Faith is something that you have, a substance, a possession, something that only you control. Have you had it all, fame, fortune, wealth, possessions and suddenly had nothing? Is these end days taking a toll on your faith or are you strong in your faith in God and His promises of help in times of need? Enlarge my faith O' Lord, help me to become what you would desire me to be, let me walk the paths of righteousness and speak you words with strength.

My beloved in Christ, Wealth comes and goes with the wind, Fame by its very nature falls with the passing seasons and Possessions rust and corrode with time. But Faith will endure if it is tested and tried even as by fire. Why are we as Christians tried? Because God is strengthening us for the tribulations ahead of us. Will we suffer persecutions and tribulations, for those that follow after Christ, it is inevitable.

Daniel 11:35, puts it this way; “And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.” When many have all that they desire, they sometimes, more than often, consume it, not thinking of their actions and neither thinking more of the one that gave them these things but thinking only more about the things. You cannot have faith in worldly goods, services or governments, these things become gods in your life, and false gods and idols are just that, false.

They neither can talk nor save the individual. Do you turn to God when your substance is threaten, or do you turn to man, do you take a chance that everything will be alright and put your trust in your own understanding of events? Are you hanging on to goods with one hand and trying to hold on to God with the other. Isn't it time to let go?

Let me tell you a short story about two Mountain Climbers.
Two Climbers found a great treasure on the side of a mountain. It sparkled and shown in the sunlight. It had great wealth and beauty, they had never seen such a prize in all their lives. When they had all that they could carry they started back down, suddenly a storm caught them off guard and they were in intolerable trouble. The rescuers had to climb down to them, to rescue each from certain death. The 1st., reached out his hand to the rescuer and was told;” You must let your pack fall, I cannot hold you and that extra weight.””Trust me and have faith, Ill save you.” The 1st, let his pack fall and was rescued. This man was able, later on, to retrieve his treasure at the bottom of the mountain.

The 2nd., reached out his hand to the other rescuer and was told; ”You must let your pack fall, I cannot hold you and that extra weight.” ”Trust me and have faith, Ill save you.” But unlike the 1st. He refused, grabbing hold with only one hand, he tried to pull himself up, but the weight was to much for the both of them and he fell to his death, the treasure still shining in the light, thru the blood of the man, running down upon the dust of the earth. 2Co 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. Faith and the abundance of joy, doesn't seem possible at times, but that is what a trial of faith is, knowing that you are never alone nor forsaken by the one who loves and cares for you.

Our true riches are those of liberty. Liberty to chose, to act and to change our future and destiny. 1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: Don't feel sad when these things come upon you, have you ever considered that with food and clothing, you aught to be content, or haven't you ever considered the alternative? The alternative is suffering without a hope, without a saviour, without a redeemer, to lead, guide and sustain you.

1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. Rejoice and be of good cheer, you are being strengthened for the days ahead, you are becoming a part of Christs suffering.

So be glad also with exceeding joy, for you are in Christ and Christ is in you. 2Ti 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 1Co 9:10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.ars.

think: 1Pe_4:4; Isa_28:21 the fiery: 1Pe_1:7; Dan_11:35; 1Co_3:13 as: 1Pe_5:9; 1Co_10:13; 1Th_3:2-4; 2Ti_3:12