GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum  
QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > The PC Connection > Hardware talk
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2009, 09:46 PM

crazy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to crazy
Default Clean that widescreen projection TV for a brighter, clearer picture!

Today I took the back panels off my widescreen, after being unable to brighten the picture up with the remote. It was just plain old dusty inside. Dealers charge up to 100 bux for this, or a bit higher with pickup and delivery. I cleaned off the 3 glass lenses with a warm, wet towel. Took the vacum cleaner and cleaned off the electronics, since cleaner means cooler, which gives it much longer life. The picture improvement was amazing. It looks like a different television, the picture is SOOOO much better. Took about 15 minutes total. The only tools needed is a 1/4 inch nutdriver, and a vacuum cleaner with a removable hose.

I hope this helps you guyz as much as did me. I am just so amazed at the improvement, I had to share, lmao.
If you don't stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that's what I thought..........