QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > Walk With Faith > Gods Word
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Sissy is on a distinguished road
Default Ridiculous

Ridiculous

I titled this thread so that we could talk about some of the theories out there.
There are many that folks just pass over thinking that they are “ridiculous” to even consider.
If there is an interest to discuss some of these, I thought we could start new threads for each.

Some of the theories include:

SERPENT SEED
Satan had sex with Eve, and Cain was the maternal twin of Able but not a fraternal twin.
Two boys conceived at the same time by one woman but two different fathers.

EIGHTH DAY ADAM
Mankind was created on the sixth day of creation, but Adam was created on the eighth day being an entirely different race.

THREE EARTH AGES
The earth that was.
The earth that is.
The earth that will be.
Includes the ‘gap theory” that earth was created and fell into chaos before God started the 6 day creation process
(between Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”
&
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.”)
That was the earth that was.
The earth that is is the one we live in now which the 6 day creation started.
The earth that will be will be the new heaven & earth.

These are just a few examples of theories that can get you banned as a heretic on some Christian web-sites.
Whether it is heretical or not, it might be a good idea to know about these theories floating around and to see what scriptural basis they use.

In other words, is there really anything in scripture to support these theories? Have they been brushed-off a little too quickly by some just because it seems a little too uncomfortable to think about?

If there is an interest, I would be glad to start a thread on any of these theories. Or maybe some of you can name some other “ridiculous” theories out there that we can talk about.

Look for the good in people. And let the good in you be visible to them.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:10 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Invisible_2_no1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Invisible_2_no1

Let's not forget predestination, super-hyper calvinism, once saved always saved, the Trinity...raptured by aliens, ALIENS and DEMONS are one, etc.

Oh boy don't get me started.

I think I've seen it all.

(holding myself back)
Somebody pick one and let's have a go of it...
Old 11-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Bronze

Christbearer is on a distinguished road

Eternal Security is very Bibical as well as the Trinity.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christbearer
Eternal Security is very Bibical as well as the Trinity.
They ALL claim to be biblical.

Eternal Security is a good topic. I'll start a thread in the THEOLOGY forum.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Silver Member

Being Conformed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Being Conformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy
Ridiculous

I titled this thread so that we could talk about some of the theories out there.
There are many that folks just pass over thinking that they are “ridiculous” to even consider.
If there is an interest to discuss some of these, I thought we could start new threads for each.

Some of the theories include:

SERPENT SEED
Satan had sex with Eve, and Cain was the maternal twin of Able but not a fraternal twin.
Two boys conceived at the same time by one woman but two different fathers.

EIGHTH DAY ADAM
Mankind was created on the sixth day of creation, but Adam was created on the eighth day being an entirely different race.

THREE EARTH AGES
The earth that was.
The earth that is.
The earth that will be.
Includes the ‘gap theory” that earth was created and fell into chaos before God started the 6 day creation process
(between Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”
&
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.”)
That was the earth that was.
The earth that is is the one we live in now which the 6 day creation started.
The earth that will be will be the new heaven & earth.

These are just a few examples of theories that can get you banned as a heretic on some Christian web-sites.
Whether it is heretical or not, it might be a good idea to know about these theories floating around and to see what scriptural basis they use.

In other words, is there really anything in scripture to support these theories? Have they been brushed-off a little too quickly by some just because it seems a little too uncomfortable to think about?

If there is an interest, I would be glad to start a thread on any of these theories. Or maybe some of you can name some other “ridiculous” theories out there that we can talk about.
Well, Sissy and JAM you never cease to amaze me with your wisdom and insight. While, I'm trying to reduce my time spent on forums and the # of forums I visit. I am interested in at least reading what you guys come up with here.

I have never heard of the 8th Day Adam or Serpent Seed Theory so those would be of interest to me to read.

Grace and Peace to you!
Old 11-11-2006, 02:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being Conformed
Well, Sissy and JAM you never cease to amaze me with your wisdom and insight.
HAHA! Flattery will get you everywhere!!!!

Quote:
I have never heard of the 8th Day Adam or Serpent Seed Theory so those would be of interest to me to read.
Both have different variations (like anything else).

The 8th day Adam theory is not one that I can see clearly.
I think Stan and Zubby might have more on this than I do.
It basically states that Genesis chapter 1 is the story of the creation of mankind (which would include different races).
And that Genesis chapter 2 is the story of the creation of Adam (whom Eve came out of). This would have been AFTER the 6 day creation and the 7th day rest of God (the 8th day).
It states that Adam was created as a totally separate race as the others that were created on the 6th day. Adam was the white race and would be the totally separate race that God would specifically work through. That's why Adam was placed in the garden with God (to be separate from the other races).

It is an interesting theory, to say the least.
It answers the questions of "where did Cain get his wife?". Cain married one of the women from the other races that were created on the 6th day.

The Serpent Seed theory basically states that Cain & Able were twins. But they had different fathers (Satan & Adam). In other words, Eve had sex with both Satan & Adam and two separate eggs were fertilized at the same time (one egg fetilized by Satan, and the other by Adam).

I know more about this theory, and it is quite interesting also.
I'll start a thread on it first and list some of the scriptures that are supposed to back up this theory.

I admit that both theories do have some problems. But it's good to know what's out there just in case it ever comes up in a conversation. That way you won't be blindsided.
We can discuss the things that support the theory and the things that seem to be problematic about them.

edited to add:
I'll put SERPENT SEED thread in the THEOLOGY forum also.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Stan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christbearer
Eternal Security is very Bibical
That literal statement is true. It doesn't, however, mean that once you accept Christ as your savior that you can't still lose your salvation. You can and that's biblical.

Quote:
as well as the Trinity.
That depends on how you define 'Trinity'

I believe that it was our Father on that cross. You can't convince me otherwise.

But I guess I don't like the term 'trinity' because it doesn't do justice to our Father, Christ, and the Holy Spirit, in some peoples understanding.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:09 PM

me again is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Mom
Let's not forget predestination, super-hyper calvinism, once saved always saved, the Trinity...raptured by aliens, ALIENS and DEMONS are one, etc.

Oh boy don't get me started.

I think I've seen it all.

(holding myself back)
Somebody pick one and let's have a go of it...
Exactly how can I get you started? :jum :bibash

Last edited by me again : 11-22-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Howdy me again! :happywave

Old 11-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Invisible_2_no1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Invisible_2_no1

Hey me again!

Good to see ya!

Pick one and let's post some Scripture!
Old 11-24-2006, 02:42 PM

Hi all. :dancingna
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference. (Romans 3:21-22)

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly,
his faith is counted for righteousness. (Romans 4:5)
Old 11-24-2006, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Mom
Hey me again!

Good to see ya!

Pick one and let's post some Scripture!
Here are my initial thoughts on the topics that you posted about:
  • Predestination: I believe in this!!! How else could God have given us prophecy (in the bible) that is 100% accurate, to a tee? He knows the end from the begining. From the begining, He knew who the sheep were, as well as who the goats were. Pharaoh, who dealt with Moses, was doomed from the begining. He never had a chance. And the Lord "used Pharoh" to accomplish His will. Similarly, Judas Iscariot was doomed from the begining and he never had a chance -- and that's how the Old Testament was able to speak of him, even before he was born. :wiky
  • Super-hyper calvinism: Yep, that's me!!!! It's pretty much tied in with the above. :dancingna
  • Once saved always saved (OSAS): Once again, this is pretty much tied in with Calvinism because it's a Calvinistic concept.
  • The Trinity: I usually don't touch this issue because I'm not sure exactly how it all intercorrelates. I'll simply have to wait until I get to heaven to understand the dynamics of the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
  • Raptured by aliens: LOL -- I never heard of this theory.
  • ALIENS and DEMONS are one, etc: Yes, I've read something similar to this, such as the concept that the Nephelim were the offspring of the watchers (fallen angels) with earthly women. Since a resurrection isn't promised to the Nephelim, some have theorized that the demons of today are the disembodied spirits of the Nephelim who were drowned during Noah's flood. I am inclined to believe this.
TULIP :thup2
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference. (Romans 3:21-22)

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly,
his faith is counted for righteousness. (Romans 4:5)