GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum  
QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > Walk With Faith > Spiritual Chat (Christian Only)
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Gold Member

Dan Bittleston is on a distinguished road
Default Say No to Hate?

I received this from a friend on mine in Oklahoma yesterday and thought it said quite a bit.

Why Hate?
Hate, verb transitive
1. Regard with strong aversion or ill will.
2. To detest.
3. Find unpalatable or unappealing.

"JUST SAY NO TO HATE", are the words of a popular bumper sticker. I hate that sticker. I hate that sticker because of the message behind it. I hat that sticker because God hates that sticker. How do I know? Because He said He does. Listen to the words of David, known as a man after God's own heart. Psa 97:10 You that love the LORD, hate evil. Again in Psa 109:104, 113, 128 and 163: therefore I hate every false way; I hate vain thoughts; I hate every false way; I hate and abhor lying. David taught his son, Solomon, the wisest man who has ever lived that there was a time to hate (Ecc. 3:8) Again Pro 6:16 these are the six things that the Lord hates. Also in Pro 8:13 He says that, the fear of the Lord is to hate evil. You will find that message throughout the entire Bible.

I recently had to do one of the hardest things I have ever had to, I had to put down one of our family pets, Boaz. Bo, our 11 year old Cocker had become sick with cancer. I hated seeing him struggle. As I was driving to the place that I would soon be ending his life, I wept like I had not wept in years. I wept because I was fixing to kill Bo for something that he had no control over. He, like all other animals who have gone before him, are innocent victims in this world of sin. Think about that. They were not the ones who sinned against God, nor have they ever sinned. It was Adam and every man, woman, boy and girl born after Adam that were the ones who sinned and who continue in sin. Just as God had said, the result of sin will be death. That death affects even animals and all the rest of God's creation. I hate that! I hate the results of what sin has done. I hate the results of what my sin has done!

A while back, my wife and I watched the movie, "Take the Lead". Based on a true story, it was about a dance instructor who made an impact on some young troubled school kids. There were underlying themes throughout the movie, those of racial prejudice and the destruction of people and families due to the choices they made in their lives. The people were cold-hearted, ungrateful, unloving, uncaring, insensitive and selfish. I hate those things! I hate the things that people do to other people out of greed, selfishness and sel-gratification! I hate the things that I sometimes have to do to other people! (I own and operate my own business) We live in a sin-sick world. Sin affects everything and sin affects everyone! I don't know about you, but I hate that! There has to be something more to this life than suffering in sin!

One other thought I had that night I was with Bo. How great is God's love? I was overcome with grief by the task of shooting my dog, I loved Bo, but he was still a dog. And yet, this was one of the hardest things I had ever had to.

How much more difficult? How much more sorrowful? How much more painful to send your only son to die? Read the accounts. It was not just a simple "bang". It was a torturous death. Crucifixion. Beating. Mocking. Rejection. Left all alone. I can't even imagine having to die that kind of a death, especially for those who hated you. That's right! He died for His enemies. He died for you and me. Romans 5:8-10, But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that when we were yet sinners, Christ died for us…for while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

The word "sin" carries the meaning of sacrifice. Even from the beginning, sin and sacrifice were joined together. Sin separates. Yet God in His love and wisdom determined that sacrifice was the only way to bring people back to whole, to reconcile, to make atonement (at-one-ment). God's love is so amazing. God's love is the only cure for this sin-sick world. There is something more to this life! Something more to love. But in order to truly love, you must first know the One who is truly lovely. Then, once you know Him, you will not only begin to love what He loves, but you will also begin to hate what He hates.

Remember, you can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Sissy is on a distinguished road

I was trying to think of something that I truely hated.
It was actually kinda difficult.
There has been very few times when I came close to actually hating something.
It may have been more of a disappointment than hate, for most of those times soon passed and any feeling of "hatred" went away.

But there is one thing that I can safely say that I hate.
Child abuse.
This is the one area that I can say I fully hate. I would like to see every abuser bashed in the head until they are nothing but a bloody soup, and I would like to do it myself!!!!
This is the one area that not only instills hatred within me, but absolute RAGE!
I honestly think I could bash an abusers skull and never look back to regret it.

(And yeah, I have a gun; but that would seem too merciful!!!)

Look for the good in people. And let the good in you be visible to them.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Invisible_2_no1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Invisible_2_no1

Wow, hate is a powerful word.

I hate liver with a passion. If I even smell it, I feel like I could hurl.

But to hate with passion directed at a "person"...where I feel RAGE, like Sissy mentioned...I don't think I've been to that place.

I of course can strongly dislike something. My list is long there. I think everyone has one of those lists.

Quote:
Psa 97:10 You that love the LORD, hate evil. Again in Psa 109:104, 113, 128 and 163: therefore I hate every false way; I hate vain thoughts; I hate every false way; I hate and abhor lying. David taught his son, Solomon, the wisest man who has ever lived that there was a time to hate (Ecc. 3:8) Again Pro 6:16 these are the six things that the Lord hates. Also in Pro 8:13 He says that, the fear of the Lord is to hate evil. You will find that message throughout the entire Bible.
I think I am one that feels sadness more so than hate, for evil choices people make.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Gold Member

Dan Bittleston is on a distinguished road

I think the closest I have ever come to "hating" somebody, was in 1975. I had just been stationed aboard a new duty station and my immediate superior was simply a degenerate from the word go.

He used to "ride" me, ridicule me, and talk down to me in front of my juniors. A complete degenerate with no consideration for anybody except himself.

I used to think long and hard, and sometimes lay awake at night, trying to scheme up a way to "waylay" him in such a way as not to be caught. I never came up with a "satisfactory plan" to me and no plan was ever carried out. He eventually got transferred, about a year later, and some of the problem was gone. He had done sufficient damage to my career to hinder me in later years. I found out that he had "an axe to grind" and he was taking it out on me. I took this up with the Captain of the ship, but to no avail.

He was a CWO2 who had been passed over for CWO3 twice and had only one more chance to get it, or he would be forced out of the Navy. He was not advanced to CWO3 while onboard that ship before he got transferred. I do not know if he made CWO3 later or not. If you look at the duty assignment he got, I doubt that he made CWO3. (OinC of the swimming pools at Naval Training Station, Orlando, FL.) He was an X-Electrician. I personally think he had been "zapped" once too many times.

After a year or so after he left, I finally got over my unrelenting anger for him and pittied him for his flawed character.

I don't know what ever became of him, and really I don't want to know. As a human being, he was the sorriest excuse I have ever seen.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Invisible_2_no1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Invisible_2_no1

Well, I found this verse, and

Quote:
Le*19:17
Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
I think there's a difference here on WHO to hate...brother is different than enemy?
Old 11-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Administrator

When it comes to a child abuser, I don't care if he is my brother or not.
He's gonna get it!!!!!
right or wrong, that's my honest feeling about it.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Administrator

When it comes to a child abuser, I don't care if he is my brother or not.
He's gonna get it!!!!!

Society seems to go a little too far sometimes and excuse evil as "sickness".
Im my mind, child abuse is one of the highest forms of evil.

Right or wrong, that's my honest feeling about it.