GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum  
QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > Walk With Faith > Spiritual Chat (Christian Only)
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

countryroad will become famous soon enough

Here's something that I have found lately:

1Kings22: 20. And the Lord said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.
21. And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him.
22. And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

The king's seers spoke with a lying spirit. They gave him false intell, but they believed it themselves too. It was so that Ahab would go to war and fall at Ramothgilead.

34. And a certain man drew a bow at a venture, and smote the king of Israel between the joints of the harness: wherefore he said unto the driver of his chariot, Turn thine hand, and carry me out of the host; for I am wounded.

By chance a stray arrow found a spot in the armor of the king. So the war ended in a slow bleeding.

Hmmm.....

Isa.10:5. O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.

The Syrian comes with rod and staff to a backslidden nation as a judgment from the Lord. He's the false shepherd. The antichrist could very well emerge out of Syria.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

1Kings16: 30. And Ahab the son of Omri did evil in the sight of the Lord above all that were before him.
31. And it came to pass, as if it had been a light thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, that he took to wife Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the Zidonians, and went and served Baal, and worshipped him.

The nation was founded upon the writings of Moses and the other prophets.

When we first see Ahab it is in an unconstitutional setting.

He entered into a forbidden covenant and it was considered to be a "light thing" at the time, yet it would have the most serious consequences when the full implications of this unrighteous and deceptive agreement reached their full extent.

It was an easy thing to ignore the writings of Moses and the prophets for the sake of expediency.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:58 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Omri was Ahab's father:

1Kings16:23. In the thirty and first year of Asa king of Judah began Omri to reign over Israel, twelve years: six years reigned he in Tirzah.
24. And he bought the hill Samaria of Shemer for two talents of silver, and built on the hill, and called the name of the city which he built, after the name of Shemer, owner of the hill, Samaria.
25. But Omri wrought evil in the eyes of the Lord, and did worse than all that were before him.
26. For he walked in all the way of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, and in his sin wherewith he made Israel to sin, to provoke the Lord God of Israel to anger with their vanities.
27. Now the rest of the acts of Omri which he did, and his might that he shewed, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?

No doubt that the purchase and building of Samaria by Omri was an influence on young Ahab.

He would walk in his father's footsteps when he sought to purchase Naboth's vineyard.

Shemer sold out his inheritance to Omri and the result was the building of Samaria.

But Naboth was of a different mind. That comes later in the story though.

Look what Ahab did in Samaria:

1Kings16:32. And he reared up an altar for Baal in the house of Baal, which he had built in Samaria.
33. And Ahab made a grove; and Ahab did more to provoke the Lord God of Israel to anger than all the kings of Israel that were before him.
34. In his days did Hiel the Bethelite build Jericho: he laid the foundation thereof in Abiram his firstborn, and set up the gates thereof in his youngest son Segub, according to the word of the Lord, which he spake by Joshua the son of Nun.

Also in the days of Ahab the city of Jericho was built. That was a cursed city according to the word of the Lord as spoken by Joshua.

It was considered a light thing for Ahab to marry Jezebel too. She instuted Baal worship in Samaria and had hundreds of those Baal prophets sit at her table while she put to death the prophets of the Lord.

1Kings 18:4. For it was so, when Jezebel cut off the prophets of the Lord, that Obadiah took an hundred prophets, and hid them by fifty in a cave, and fed them with bread and water.)

19. Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table.

Last edited by countryroad : 12-08-2006 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:05 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Invisible_2_no1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Invisible_2_no1

CR,

Brother, I know you have a point in here, I'm struggling to find it...(sorry!) Can you be alittle more blunt for us slower folk?
Old 12-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Hey, that's ok, I'm just posting one of my meditations. I think it's interesting that the nation of Israel had a divinely inspired constitution in the writings of Moses and the words of the prophets. Joshua was like a founding father for the nation too, so his words about Jericho were important. They were recorded for the generations. There were ideals like citizenship that were established by the Lord. Ideals like the right to own personal property. In the constitution of Israel a man's heritage in the land was considered to be sacred. I think this has application today in the nations of the earth, but even more so it talks about our spiritual inheritance in Christ. Systems and rulers rise and fall in regards to their respect or disrespect of every individuals God given heritage in Christ. So I look at these characters in the story of Elijah, Ahab, Jezebel, Omri, and Naboth in that light. Samaria was built by Omri because someone sold out for money. But Naboth would not sell his vineyard, the vines planted by his father to be torn up and made into a herb garden by Ahab for his convenience. So Jezebel trashed the constitution of Israel. She had zero respect for the fact that a ruler in Israel was just as much under the constitution as any other citizen. She had the attitude that a ruler should just take what he wants or what he thinks is expedient for the nation despite the divinely inspired foundation of that nation. She was not an Israelite, her relations were actually forbidden by that very constitution! But she had no political power, just influence in the kings ear. But that is pretty much the way that she accomplished her mission, and her intregues..... I think that is one of the most important interludes in the story of the kings. What about the ideal of free speech? Do you think those prophets would have been hidden in caves if Jezebel had respected the constitution of Israel? Instead she shed the blood of the prophets and replaced them with propaganda politically/religiously correct prophets. I think it's fair to say that the US constitution is largely based upon the ideals that were given to the nation of Israel by the Lord. Any ruler or group of rulers in this country are just as much bound by this as the most ordinary citizen. But it is the shadow counsel and the behind the scenes activites that we should be taking note of today.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Silver Member

Being Conformed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Being Conformed

I wish I had your intellect and understanding -

Old 12-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

CR has wisdom beyond his years.

We should all be so blessed...and are by reading his posts!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Hey, I'm not an intellect. Far from it. Wish I was smart..... I guess, but then again that could cause me some problems. lol! If I was a smart'un I would have to go to the unlearning school first. Get the construction site cleared off so that the new building can start. Nothin' like a clean site.

If we have recieved Christ I believe that we have recieved all of him, not just a piece or fragment. Destiny and time will tell what he is in us and us in him.

I kinda think Bible reading is a search. We read along looking and looking with the eyes of our heart wide open...... then *pop* something jumps out at us that we have never seen before. Don't think that the *pop* is random. If a mortal teacher can make up a lesson plan, then couldn't the Spirit of God do at least that much? Or perhaps he is too busy with more important people. Perhaps he isn't interested in little old me or he is just limited or too busy. Hehe!! So part of the skill is in seeing how the *pops* form the lesson plan in me and you.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Hey JAM. If any of us have wisdom it's just because we asked for it. So we all belong to the same club.

James1:5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

God's requirement. Ask.

But the world puts this on every basis other than just having it numero uno on the prayer list.

So I must humble myself. It's an obligation if I want to understand. I'm born dull and only God's grace can sharpen me up.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Stan is on a distinguished road

CR, we need to revisit this one.
Lots of good stuff in it.

Read Ezekiel 23 and compare with Revalation 17 and the Samaritan at the well that Z brought up.

The five husbands of Samaria (http://www.christianwebsite.com/talk...ead.php?t=6661)
Old 12-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Wildflower posted this in the thread;

Quote:
9. And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

The sixth hour.

The sixth man.

The sixth king.

Three sixes.

Is the place of true worship focused on the sixth king on the seven mountains?
I think wildflower figured out this;

Re*13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

But I still have loose ends,

Please pick up this thread and continue over here.

:thup2
Old 12-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Hey, what a memory. I had forgotten about that topic. Good thread.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Stan is on a distinguished road

I have to give Zuby the credit for that one.

He showed me something I had missed the first go around.
You brought up Rev. 17 also.

I'm back trying to figure out what's what again.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

That's something I've noticed about the book of Revelation. It won't submit. But there is a blessing in reading it.

I think Jesus really didn't care that the woman at the well was a Samaritan. Didn't matter at all to him, he even told a parable about a good Samaritan. It's like the Book of Revelation, he's talking about spiritual things. I think there are different levels of understanding things. Take the city of Jerusalem. Everybody wants a piece of it. More than that, they want all of it because of what it represents to them. Catholics, Jews, Moslems, they all believe that they are the true worshippers and that their religion is the truth. So Jerusalem represents an ideal, it speaks of something beyond itself. So the controversy of Jerusalem has to do with this:

John4:21. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Not at Samaria, not even at Jerusalem.

So the controversy that she had wasn't even relevant. Jesus just put it aside. He said it was neither one. Now the Catholics get sneaky and deceptive, the Jews stubborn, the Moslems crazy and violent...... which one will win? Perhaps the winner will be the biggest Devil of all, but never the true worshippers.

Hey, Jesus said the Father is seeking true worshippers. I guess he just overlooked all those religions. Maybe he needs glasses.

Or maybe they are not what he's looking for in the first place. Hehe!!

(They all have Jesus on a list. So I say either believe what he said or take him off your list. One or the other. Just be honest about it.)

Old 12-14-2006, 08:11 AM
Visiting Admin/Moderator

Luke21:20. And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

Ok, this is written to us. Jesus is present today and he is teaching.

When you "see" something.

When you get the revelation on this thing he is teaching about then it's time for action. Revelation requires a response.

When you see the siege of Jerusalem then it's time to depart.

All these religions, these belief systems are surrounding Jerusalem or what it represents with the armies of their doctrines and creeds. They what to take it so that they can sit in the place of being accepted by all mankind as the one true religion.

When a siege gets bad there is no going in or out. Freedom is lost, people cannot get out of the system. But hearing from the Lord can set people free from the things that bind them and make them to be the captives of their religions. Some will escape and make for the hills. How many I cannot tell, but I do know that this is still the time of the Gentiles and much is being trod under foot. But it will not always be so. Right now everyone is at war, in every aspect of society, the political, the religious, the civil, it's w-a-r.