QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > General Forum > Debate Forum
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Gold Member

KI4RVH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KU0DM View Post
I disagree. Religious intolerance is the reason for this war in Iraq right now. Is the reason for terrorism in the world.

Trust me, I'm plenty tolerant of Christian religions.
I just like to debate them, for or against.

Do you think that is religious intolerance?
I thought Iraq was about Oil. I think you asking questions or debating or whatever you want to call it is fine. I'm just to old to stay on here tonight and do this anymore. Us old guys got to go to bed. You brought up religious intolerance. I just stated my opinion of it.

Chris
Old 05-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Bronze

KB3LAZ is on a distinguished road

I curious are any of you soldiers of God?
Will any of you destroy (kill) these abominations?
If not then I guess you do not believe what it is that you preach.
Sounds hypocritical to me thall shall not kill, yet it say to destroy the abominations. Also a thought the bible was written by men not by God, so who's to say things were not added or omitted. Yet I shall continue to read this interesting story book.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post
I curious are any of you soldiers of God?
Will any of you destroy (kill) these abominations?
If not then I guess you do not believe what it is that you preach.
Sounds hypocritical to me thall shall not kill, yet it say to destroy the abominations. Also a thought the bible was written by men not by God, so who's to say things were not added or omitted. Yet I shall continue to read this interesting story book.
I don't get where you're coming from. No one said anything about destroying anything. No one said anything about killing anyone. God is the final judge not us. The Bible is the inspired Word of God. We Christians believe it was given to man to write down by God. Please continue to read the Bible. It can only lead to good things.

Chris
Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI4RVH View Post
I don't get where you're coming from. No one said anything about destroying anything. No one said anything about killing anyone. God is the final judge not us. The Bible is the inspired Word of God. We Christians believe it was given to man to write down by God. Please continue to read the Bible. It can only lead to good things.

Chris
What I was referring to was a statement about destroying abominations, which basically means kill. Not that it matters as my words will never sway any of you, but i do not wish to. For the same reason i dont hate gays. It would be a boring world if everyone was exactly the same.
As for me reading the bible I have for a long time, as well as other religious and secular writings, However not all are Christan. Maybe I fail to agree with you all because Im not a Christan. I just didnt think that Christians were suppose to hold malice in their harts.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Bronze

KE6SHJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to KE6SHJ Send a message via AIM to KE6SHJ Send a message via Yahoo to KE6SHJ

Religion and gays is a very touchy subject. Im out on that one. Personally gays should be dropped off in Syberia and left there but who am I to say what one does in ones life *shrug*

Let them say, I lived in the time of Achilles.

http://amateurradiodiscussion.tk/

Last edited by KE6SHJ : 05-22-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:44 PM

crazy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE6SHJ View Post
Religion and gaysmis a very touchy subject. Im out on that one. Personally gays should be dropped off in Syberia and left there but who am I to say what one does in ones life *shrug*
I'm with ya on that one. The men anyway, but that makes me a hypocrit, because I was born a lesbian.

I'm glad the ultimate decision is not up to me, really. Because I would be HARSH. The world might be boring, but it would be nice, with very orderly Husband/Wife/Children relationships. I guess that is a dream though.
If you don't stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that's what I thought..........
Old 05-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
What I was referring to was a statement about destroying abominations, which basically means kill. Not that it matters as my words will never sway any of you, but i do not wish to. For the same reason i dont hate gays. It would be a boring world if everyone was exactly the same.
As for me reading the bible I have for a long time, as well as other religious and secular writings, However not all are Christan. Maybe I fail to agree with you all because Im not a Christan. I just didnt think that Christians were suppose to hold malice in their harts.
I don't know about everyone else, but I don't hate gays. I don't hate adulterers either. I don't hate anybody. The Bible says not to hate. Its a matter of what God considers right or wrong. God has put all the rules in place for a reason. Some we know why and others we don't. Following the rules keeps you out of trouble. Parents set rules for us when we are young. Sometimes we don't understand why when we are young but when we get older it becomes evident why. The Bible says love thy neighbor.

Chris
Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy View Post
I'm with ya on that one. The men anyway, but that makes me a hypocrit, because I was born a lesbian.
You crazy Hypocrite you!! :-)

Chris
Old 05-21-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
You crazy Hypocrite you!! :-)

Chris

Guilty as charged, send me to an Island full of women.
If you don't stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that's what I thought..........
Old 05-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Bronze

Quote:
I don't know about everyone else, but I don't hate gays. I don't hate adulterers either. I don't hate anybody. The Bible says not to hate. Its a matter of what God considers right or wrong. God has put all the rules in place for a reason. Some we know why and others we don't. Following the rules keeps you out of trouble. Parents set rules for us when we are young. Sometimes we don't understand why when we are young but when we get older it becomes evident why. The Bible says love thy neighbor.

Chris
Thats good, Im glad to hear you dont hate anyone.
As for rules set by a god thats your perspective (and I respect that).
However I live my life by personal morals and human laws.
I guess its a focus on abstractions rather than spirits, but the same end result.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
I guess its a focus on abstractions rather than spirits, but the same end result.

I appreciate your respect. I respect your right to believe as you like. The only thing about personal morals is that they can be anything someone wants them to be. Someone could say they think its morally ok to steal. Human law changes at the whim of politicians. Gods law is constant and doesn't change.

Chris
Old 05-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Gold Member

Quote:

I appreciate your respect. I respect your right to believe as you like. The only thing about personal morals is that they can be anything someone wants them to be. Someone could say they think its morally ok to steal. Human law changes at the whim of politicians. Gods law is constant and doesn't change.

Chris
Old 05-21-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:

Chris
Amen to that. God is definitely constant.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:55 AM
Gold Member

WV6Z is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WV6Z

And he is always there right up until the bitter end, right when you realize it's all about to be over and you realize what a complete douche bag you have been.

One of the oddest and saddest things I have noticed over the past nearly half of a century is that unless completely incapacitated, all atheists and agnostics call on God as the last second or two of thier life ticks by.

Funny? Not really. True? 100%
Old 05-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Bronze

KE6SHJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to KE6SHJ Send a message via AIM to KE6SHJ Send a message via Yahoo to KE6SHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy View Post

I'm glad the ultimate decision is not up to me, really. Because I would be HARSH. The world might be boring, but it would be nice, with very orderly Husband/Wife/Children relationships. I guess that is a dream though.

Nothing hypocritical about that. Some lesbians are actually really hot, but guys? Thats just not right at all. Leave it as it may be but lesbians I have no problem with, the hot ones anyways, but as long as they keep their preferences in the closet per say, and out of public view, then so be it.

On a lighter note, gas prices are at 4.39/gal here for regular. Good thing Im boycotting the oil/gas people.

Let them say, I lived in the time of Achilles.

http://amateurradiodiscussion.tk/