GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum  
QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > Announcements and Welcomes > Announcements
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Administrator

KC4UMO is on a distinguished road
Default Site Closing

It is in great sorrow to say after 9 years I have decided to close the website down.
With the current softening of the economy several things must be cut to meet my personal financial dependents.

I want to say “Thanks” to all that have supported the site over the past years. It has been great meeting you all. The shut down of the site will take affect immediately.

I hope you all take care of yourselves and look for a better tomorrow.

May God bless each and every one of you.

Buddy Mclawhorn
www.gokarters.com

buddymclawhorn@sprintmail.com

KC4UMO

My Web Site
Old 11-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Gold Member

K0DXC is on a distinguished road

Buddy;

That is to bad about having to close down this site. It has been an honor getting to know you and my pleasure helping out when I can with the forum.

GL to all....... I hope to be seeing you all again. It has been nice getting to know all of you.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Gold Member

WV6Z is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WV6Z

Like Cal said, it has been a pleasure indeed and it will be a great loss to us all. I hope each and every one of you will stay in touch and I hope that you will join me at Upstate SC Ham Radio so that we can continue on...... hammies and non hammies alike!

PLEASE, don't be strangers!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:34 PM

crazy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to crazy

Man, I luv this site, and I don't even have a ham radio!

Buddy I wish we could put in some donations, or pass the hat. How much money are we talking per month/year?

Give us a chance, we can keep her purring!

Thanx, Crazy
If you don't stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that's what I thought..........
Old 11-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Gold Member

Hey, now that's an idea!

Oh, and like I said Crazy, no license or radio is necessary!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy View Post

Buddy I wish we could put in some donations, or pass the hat. How much money are we talking per month/year?

Thanx, Crazy

BUMP
If you don't stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that's what I thought..........
Old 11-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Gold Member

KI4RVH is on a distinguished road

I have really enjoyed this site. In recent weeks my health has kept me from posting a lot. It will truely be misssed. Buddy you've done a fine job!

Chris

PS- If anyone wants to we can start a yahoo group. Its free. E-mail me at ki4rvh@arrl.net if any interest. I have set one up before and its easy. It won't be near as nice as what Buddy has done here but it will be a place to hang out and swap info, jokes and whatever.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Gold Member

KI4RVH is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thanx, Crazy
I'd be willing to kick in some to keep this place going. How much is needed and maybe we can figure something out.

Chros
Old 11-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Gold Member

I would be glad to kick in what I can..... finding myself unemployed after the last mass wave of lay-offs at work Friday doesn't help much, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel...... somewhere.

Anyway, if this site closes, please join us here (thanks for joining Duncan!) everyone, hams and non hams alike are all welcome!

http://upstateschamradio.proboards83.com/index.cgi
Old 11-15-2008, 01:37 PM

W3QJ is on a distinguished road
Default What's the total cost to keep this site up? Is it per mo., yr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV6Z View Post
I would be glad to kick in what I can..... finding myself unemployed after the last mass wave of lay-offs at work Friday doesn't help much, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel...... somewhere.

Anyway, if this site closes, please join us here (thanks for joining Duncan!) everyone, hams and non hams alike are all welcome!

http://upstateschamradio.proboards83.com/index.cgi
What's the cost to keep this site up?

Terry-W3QJ
Old 11-15-2008, 03:17 PM

10 bux a month, and a 1 time transfer fee of 30 bux. That is it.

I think we have someone interested , so there is still hope.

Last edited by crazy : 11-15-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:56 PM

W3QJ is on a distinguished road
Default Let me know.....

Quote:
10 bux a month, and a 1 time transfer fee of 30 bux. That is it.

I think we have someone interested , so there is still hope.
Well, if the interested person doesn't come through, I'm willing to foot the bill. Nothing would change except the the person who pays the bill. Seems like a good group of people here. I like what the site stands for, and think it would be a shame for it to go away.

If you all are interested, let me know.

I don't mind doing it for you.

Terry-W3QJ
Old 11-16-2008, 07:19 AM

Thanx Terry. The other offer is kinda shaky, so I will let Buddy know about your offer. Many thanx man. Crazy
Old 11-16-2008, 07:40 PM

KF4FMT is on a distinguished road

Would hate to see this site go by the way side. I'm on the road now about 5 days a week so I can't visit and or post as much as I would like. I prefer this site to another (won't mention) since the other site banters about issues on and on.

Hope and pray that this site remains. Will check it again when I get home this coming weekend.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:27 PM

I should have updated this, instead of relying on the shoutbox. The site will stay open!

New management won't change much, if any. Mustang69 will be the new Admin, and will come in when he get's around to it. Til then, keep visiting, and post any questions or comments in the appropriate forums. Thanx! Crazy