GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum  
QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > Announcements and Welcomes > New member welcome
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2008, 11:57 AM

WS2L is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from WS2L

Well most people here probably know (and hate) me from QRZ where I'm an Administrator and Editor. I'm also frequent the Island Misfits website on a daily basis.

I am 44 years old and was first licensed in 1978 as WD2AHD as a Novice class licensee. I decided to start upgrading in 1985 when a good friend got me hooked on 2 meters so I upgraded to Technician. After that I bought a Kenwood TS530SP and continued operating CW in the Novice bands and started listening to 20 phone. I quickly upgraded to General class. Then about a year later in 2 months I upgraded to Advanced then Extra. It was 2 or 3 years before I decided to change my callsign before all the 2x1 calls were gone.

I live in Montclair, NJ (FN20vt) which is in Essex County. I enjoy operating 40 and 20 meter CW and PSK31. I also operate 144 and 432 MHz Phone, CW and FM.

I have some awards, WAC, WAS and DXCC with 256 worked and 182 confirmed with the ARRL. One day I will go through the shoe box to find about another 30 or so cards I need to submit.

I belong to the Raritan Bay Radio Amateurs (RBRA) in Sayreville, NJ which operates a crossband repeater on 146.760 and 443.200 and they also have Echlink installed (Node 155581) where I monitor most of the day.

Recently my son Dave (KC2SIS) got his Tech license and is now studying for General then extra.

I guess this is more than enough, looking forward to chatting with you all.

Oh yeah I run an "Anti-Radioshack" website at: http://www.radioshacksucks.biz/forums

As a guest you can only view 4 or 5 forums, register and there are many more. We also run VBulletin and the site looks exactly like this one.