GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum  
QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > Walk With Faith > Spiritual Chat (Christian Only)
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2006, 01:47 AM
Special Member

marcie is on a distinguished road
Default 2 new additions

Well guys I thought I would share after many tears and sad faces(for 3 days ) My Hubby My Son and I added 2 new additions to the family.

We went to the spca and adopted 2 budgies and they are only 5 months old just babys.. well trying to get them into the cage was a GONG SHOW! 20 minutes after they flew all over my house.(little buggers) and when I caught them they bit me so I clipped there wings.

Yeah they wern't very happy. But we have a lively house again and even the cat woke up from her sleepy daze to realize man 2 birds now. KOOOLLLL :kewl .. You know what Miss Athena was thinking.(think sylvester and tweety).

There names are Toshi3 and Cherpie.( Seba picked the names) and they are yellow with green and look like my old Toshi2,. but never as beautiful as Toshi 1. (she was my little baby for 10 years)

so I just wanted to share I might post a pic of them so you guys can see them.

well God Bless
marcie.

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Silver Member

Angel2Drew is on a distinguished road

YEAH!!!!! congrats :thup2

I love birds but so do my cats, so I can't have one
Old 08-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Platinum

JADE is on a distinguished road

I like birds too, they taste like chicken. :rofl

I hope they bring some happiness to you and yours.

God bless,
JADE
Old 08-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Silver Member

Esther is on a distinguished road

I tried to type this yesterday, but my computer kept crashing.

We have two budgies and we love them. The squawking contests kinda get on your nerves. Your baby budgies must be really cute. We've seen the baby one's at PETCO. They're cute. Ours are a few years old. The first one we hand trained and he's very friendly. The other one took a while to warm up to us. They don't like trimming their wings, but they love the steam baths. We take them outside locked in the cage if it is sunny and rains, or we let them take a short soft bath in the shower. They like that, too.

This website had been very helpful to me when we got our first budgie from a neighbor that could not take care of it anymore. How to Buy/Raise A Parakeet. She also has detailed info. on raising cats. We bought him a friend a couple years ago and she's staying. We have a blue and white, and a yellow and green one.

We took the mirror down so they will obey us because they focus on the mirror friends. They also listen better when the cage is at the same height as you. Higher they will act dominant. They crack me up when they have mimicked sounds in the house like the microwave beeping.

I hope they bring much joy in your home.

Last edited by Esther : 08-21-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Special Member

Ester

Thank You so much for the link, I haven't started hand training yet but we talk to them and (they got into one heck of a fight this evening but Seba told them to stop fighting you too and they listened , they are so cute. when I get them first thing in the morning they cock there heads to the side to listen to my voice,. I have to take a pic. I have never trained 2 birds before only 1 so this will be new but the LORD will lead and guide.

God Bless
marcie.

p.s.

any helpfull hints would be great!.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Administrator

KC4UMO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADE
I like birds too, they taste like chicken. :rofl

JADE
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Jade you crack me up!!!!!!!!!1 :laug

KC4UMO

My Web Site
Old 08-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Jade you crack me up!!!!!!!!!1 :laug
Good, I don't feel so lonely now. There are at least two cracked pots here. :rofl
Old 08-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Special Member

You Guys...

(shush.. don't tell but I love Birds too! only chickens and turkeys though especially roasted!. yummie).

thanks for the laughs. At least You can always put a smile on me face..jeje :rofl

God Bless
marcie

Old 08-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Platinum

Don't need to feed them or clean up after them but once.(and that would be washing the dishes). :rofl

God bless,
JADE
Old 08-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Silver Member

Esther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie
Ester

Thank You so much for the link, I haven't started hand training yet but we talk to them and (they got into one heck of a fight this evening but Seba told them to stop fighting you too and they listened , they are so cute. when I get them first thing in the morning they cock there heads to the side to listen to my voice,. I have to take a pic. I have never trained 2 birds before only 1 so this will be new but the LORD will lead and guide.

God Bless
marcie.

p.s.

any helpfull hints would be great!.
That site was very helpful to me. It was getting a bit costly going to the vet for every small thing. Anyhow, she's got great tips. We feed them pellets along with bird seed and some vegetables. They look much more healthy with the pellets. If they get bored, they will throw the pellets out to hear them land in the cage, but they let us hand feed them the pellets which helps them bond with us, too.

If they get hurt, and bleed, you can take them to the Vet, or you can put the blanket over the cage, and keep the room quiet and dark. Pray and the bird has recovered well. They squawk at a whole bunch of stimulation or noise, but enjoy music. Don't put them to far out of the activity in the house because they will get lonely, or neglected. I was told they come from the tropics and like the temps 70 or 80 degrees high. In AK that is hard, so we just do what we can. If they look cold, we put a blanket on half the cage to stop the draft.

If you have other pets, they can stress with the other pets around. She has some tips on that, too. We only have fish and birds.

Enjoy them. They're sweet.