GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum  
QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > Over The Air > Antennas and Towers
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2008, 09:25 PM

crazy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to crazy
Default Looking to build a wi-fi antenna!?

First of all, what kind of reach can you get? Line of sight. Then, can a poormans-antenna really do any good? I appreciate any info on this, as right now I have no idea what needs to be done. Router, pc , is laptop needed, etc. I want this for home, not as my primary internet connection, but just for a low output/input setup for 24/7. Thanks everyone, crazy
If you don't stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that's what I thought..........
Old 02-01-2008, 02:07 PM

Ba Bump.
If you don't stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that's what I thought..........
Old 02-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Administrator

KC4UMO is on a distinguished road

Not that fomiliar with this.
I will look around and see what I find for you.

KC4UMO

My Web Site
Old 02-02-2008, 09:27 AM

Thanks Boss. I sure appreciate it. I am out of work right now and may just have enough time to build one.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:43 AM

Did you ever find any plans for this buddy? Thanks, crazy
Old 02-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Administrator

KC4UMO is on a distinguished road

Sorry bro.
It will most likely be friday before getting a chnce to.

Work is very busy this week.

KC4UMO

My Web Site
Old 02-06-2008, 04:31 PM

No problem. I sure appreciate it. I have plenty of time. Thanks, crazy
Old 02-10-2008, 01:48 AM

Found a little bit. Seems one can be made out of a small satellite dish, with a smooth tube around it. But don't know anything about the internals. Working on it, still searching. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Gold Member

WV6Z is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WV6Z

There is actually an amateur radio TV show kind of thing on YouTube. One of the episodes was about building your own super gain Wi-Fi antenna. If you can't find it there Crazy, let me know and I will dig that episode up for you, it was quite good.

By the way, as you are here posting Crazy, I hope the surgery went well!

Last edited by WV6Z : 02-12-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:50 AM

went very well, thank you. Feel better than I have in a long time. Can't believe how good it is. Thanks for asking. I will have to find it on you tube. I have never fooled with that before, so I may have trouble, lol. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Gold Member

WV6Z is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WV6Z

Here ya go Crazy, no YouTube needed..... just go to Episode 10 and choose view or download..... http://www.amateurlogic.com/blog/index.php?paged=2
Old 02-13-2008, 03:02 PM

Thank you very much. I will check it out.

Sincerely, crazy
Old 03-02-2008, 06:51 AM

Any ideas from the new members of the board?
Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 AM

KI4WNP is on a distinguished road

Here is a cheap effective antenna for your needs.

http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html
Old 03-20-2008, 09:31 PM

I got this link from your link:

http://people.wallawalla.edu/~Rob.Fr...Primestar.html

All I need is a primestar dish. According to the article, it will pick up for up to 10 miles! Awesome! Now I just have to hunt up a dish. Man we threw these away years ago!

Thanks for the help.