GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum  
QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > General Forum > Debate Forum
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2008, 07:10 PM

MAC40 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Mom and Dad

Thanks to the Church of Christ, this couple will soon become the parents of some child. Can you say "Mother?" ... "Father?"

And some say biblical doctrine should be left to each individual's personal interpretation!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/27/fa...gs/27self.html

MAC40
Old 05-09-2008, 08:38 PM

crazy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to crazy

This makes me so sick, I want to do some very un-Christian things. It goes against, science, biology, and God. This old world does not deserve to be saved, but we knew that anyway. I wonder why God doesnt' give up on us, and sometimes I think he has. We deserve that.

Church of Christ my arse. Nothing related to the true meaning of the Bible can approve of this. Nothing.
If you don't stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that's what I thought..........
Old 05-13-2008, 01:15 AM
Bronze

KB3LAZ is on a distinguished road

?????? I was expecting to see something of mas vulgarity.
GROW UP!

Last edited by KB3LAZ : 05-13-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Gold Member

K0DXC is on a distinguished road

Duncan,

You must keep in mind that this website is also a Christian one. Many people here are Christians (including myself) and we believe strongly against gay/lesbian couples. It goes against everything god says.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KU0DM View Post
That's OK. I was just voicing my opinion.

Find somewhere in the bible where it says that truly loving someone of the same sex is against God's word? It's not there. Jesus himself taught that it is OK to love men and women all the same. Neither God nor Jesus ever stated homosexuality is an abomination.

That was a view that the Church developed on it's own.
There is more to homosexuality than love. Love can be free, and can be toward anyone, anywhere. It is the sodomy part of it, the physical acts. That is deplorable.
It goes against re-=creation, which is why God made a man and a woman. The plumbing is too perfect, no need to do the other acts.
If you don't stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that's what I thought..........
Old 05-17-2008, 12:15 PM

MAC40 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Proverbs 17:15

He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Bronze

KB3LAZ is on a distinguished road

If its different, Its a sin, if its a sin we must hate it, if we hate it we must destroy it. Nice state of egocentricity. Not every one thinks the same nor should they. But out right hate for another human being does not sound Christian to me. Manipulating the bible to read as you interpret it does not change what it says. hatred leads to despair then to desolation followed by the abysmal plains of hell. This is where we shall spend an eternity in darkness being engulfed by flames, as we try to scream not a sound will ever come. Then as we are eternally silenced we truly understand this self inflicted incarceration.

There you go pseudo intellectual inclinations just like the bible.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:18 PM

Now much plainer does it get:

Leviticus 20
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 18
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Romans 1
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:21 PM

I am just telling you what God spoke to be printed in the Bible. Take it up with him. Don't shoot the messenger.

But how many homosexuals who are monogamous DO NOT have same sex sexual intercourse? I doubt it is even 1%, if the truth is known.

Like I said, I only quote DIRECTLY from the Bible. I didn't write it or change it. Gods Word is Gods Word, IMO.

Literally, I believe.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Gold Member

KI4RVH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But does that mean homosexuality is wrong?

Refer to the Bible. Its pretty cut and dry.

It states sodomy is wrong, but does that make homosexuality wrong? One can't prove beyond reasonable suspicion that just because one is homosexual, that they will perform an act of sodomy.

If you read the quotes Crazy made you will see it speaks of lying together. Lots of things happen when a man and woman lie together. I won't go into that. I'm sure you get the idea.

If the Church wants to discriminate against someone, it should be sodomites not homosexuals. Homosexuality is the state of loving, or strongly caring for one of the same sex. NOT an abomination. Sodomy is different than homosexuality, that is an act.

The Church just holds true to Biblical standards. If the Church didn't preach against sin and just told everyone to do whatever they wanted to do it would just be a social club. Nothing wrong with a social club but thats not the purpose of the Church. Sodomy is not the only issue. Its the unnatural lust after one of the same sex and the acting on it.

Even then, just because one my commit and act of sodomy, should the Church hate them? No. God loves us all, and the famous and almost annoying quote "Hate the sin, love the sinner"

No Church I have ever had dealings with hates anyone. All sinners including myself are welcome at my Church. God does love us all. He gave his Son to die on the Cross for us. Thats how much he loved us. He also gave us the Bible to tell us how to live. None of us live up to it. Jesus died to save us from our sins and if we believe in him we are forgiven. This is not a license to sin. We should strive to do the best we can. Homosexuality is not worse than any other sin. Sin is sin. Ultimately God is the final judge not us.
OK, I'm done. I hope I explained everything so you can understand. Its just not folks trying to be mean or discriminate but its just folks trying to follow the Bible. The BSA takes the same stance by the way. They always have. They believe its not "Morally Straight".

Chris

Last edited by KI4RVH : 05-17-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC40 View Post
Thanks to the Church of Christ, this couple will soon become the parents of some child. Can you say "Mother?" ... "Father?"

And some say biblical doctrine should be left to each individual's personal interpretation!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/27/fa...gs/27self.html

MAC40
Actually that is the United Church of Christ. They are different than the Church of Christ.

Chris
Old 05-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Hate was a bad word. Let me change that to "dislikes".

Still, the point I am trying to get across is that the bible never said anything about homosexuality. It never said it's wrong or right. However, it does speak of sodomy. However homosexuality and sodomy are not the same thing. So why speak out against homosexuality in a religious manner, when really it is OK according to the bible?

There is a difference between sodomy and homosexuality that is not being recognized by the Church. If it was, the Church would be OK with same sex couples, but would frown upon acts of sodomy.

Just because someone performs an act that may be an abomination, doesn't mean that the person in any way themselves is an abomination. So why should the Church support suppressing the rights of homosexuals, when there is nothing wrong with homosexuality?

Like I said, the Church can not prove beyond reasonable suspicion that any same sex couple will perform an act of sodomy.

Homosexuality is a condition or feeling one might say. Sodomy is an act.
The Bible is against the act, the Church is against the condition.
Its not just a sodomy thing.

Leviticus 18
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

It talks of lying with another man. This could be any number of things. Not necessarily sodomy. They could just be lying down snuggling up kissing. The lying with a man is referring to homosexuality.

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

Here the Bible talks about burning lust for another man. This is homosexuality. There is no mention here of sodomy.

Romans 1
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

This speaks of men having vile affections (Homosexuality) and the women going against nature. Lesbianism is against the Bible as well. Its not all about sodomy.

Chris

Old 05-17-2008, 09:03 PM

Sodomy is a sin, against God and nature, obviously a mistake, and should be treated as such. I showed you what God had to say about it. Are you a higher authority than God Almighty? I think not. Do what makes you happy, but do not pretend that God approves of it, or that others ought to. Some of us are Christians and try our best to live life according to Gods word. If you are not/do not, then don't try to be a Christian. Because you cannot, absolutely cannot, in No way whatsover, be a sodomist and a Christian. Repent why you are still breathing, because each breath might be your last, and we are not guaranteed tomorrow. Don't take that chance for a little bit of sin.

God help you, crazy
Old 05-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
So does that mean it is an abomination if you lie with one of your own sex, or if you are homosexual?

What if someone is homosexual but does not have a burning lust? Does that still make them wrong?

How is homosexuality a vile affection?

Source

The bible makes comments based on circumstances, no where does it have a flat out "No, this is wrong". Until that happens, it is unknown what the true message is due to the fact the many translations of it may have changed over time.

Even if the bible did issue a flat out NO, do you think it is still right that the government should suppress the rights of homosexuals? Or that the Church should support suppressing the rights?

Religious intolerance if the real angel of death.
Duncan,

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one I guess. You can find sources on the Internet that will agree with most anything you want to believe in. That doesn't make it right in my opinion. The Bible is plain and simple. Read it for yourself. There are several versions on the net if you don't have access to one. It doesn't matter what the government does or doesn't do. They are not the ultimate authority. They can legalize murder if they want to but that will not make it right. The Church should preach what is Biblical. The Church doesn't and can't suppress anyones rights. No Church is going to send people to someones house and prevent them from sinning. Homosexuals have the right to do whatever they please. That doesn't make it right. Adultery is perfectly legal. That doesn't make it right. No Church will show up to check and see who people go to bed with. We have free will. As far as your sig and religious tolerance, Religious Tolerance used to mean tolerating all other beliefs. Seems today everyones beliefs are tolerated except Bible believing Christians.

Chris
Old 05-17-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI4RVH View Post
Seems today everyones beliefs are tolerated except Bible believing Christians.

Chris

Multiple AMENS to that! I agree as much as a man can. more than most, I guarantee.