GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum  
QRZ callsign lookup:

Go Back   GoKarters.Com ___Hobby Forum > Announcements and Welcomes > New member welcome
FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Bronze

KC8TCQ is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from N.W. Ohio

Greetings fellow amateurs, My name is Keith. I have been a licensed ham since 2002. I need to get off my butt and upgrade.

It's all Tom's fault I joined here

Anyway, I work in Emergency Management, and often end up traveling to other parts of the country in response to some type of disaster or to go to training.

For fun I play radio, I operate 2m SSB, FM Simplex, and 10m SSB (and poorly attempt to work CW). I work with the local clubs on Field Day and have a blast every year. I love to cook, read, and my passion is music, both listening and performing.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:09 PM

crazy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to crazy

Welcome to our little spot on the net. Give a holler if you need anything at all.
If you don't stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that's what I thought..........
Old 07-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Administrator

KC4UMO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8TCQ View Post
Greetings fellow amateurs, My name is Keith. I have been a licensed ham since 2002. I need to get off my butt and upgrade.

It's all Tom's fault I joined here

Anyway, I work in Emergency Management, and often end up traveling to other parts of the country in response to some type of disaster or to go to training.

For fun I play radio, I operate 2m SSB, FM Simplex, and 10m SSB (and poorly attempt to work CW). I work with the local clubs on Field Day and have a blast every year. I love to cook, read, and my passion is music, both listening and performing.

First let me say thanks for what you do. It is great to have guy's like you around.

Second, welcome to the forum. I am the site owner and seems like you have met some of the moderators. Although there is never hardly anything to be moderated, we are a quiet but helpful bunch here.

Again welcome and make yourself at home. Does not matter what class license you hold, or if you are not licensed. Everyone will be treated with the same respect.

Thanks for stopping in.

KC4UMO

My Web Site
Old 07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Gold Member

KI4RVH is on a distinguished road

Welcome Keith. Theres a great bunch of folks in this place. We won't hold it against you that you know Tom. I see you like 10 meter SSB. 10 meters is my favorite band. You can take a crappy antenna and a 25 watt radio and work the world. Its the poor amateurs dream band! I see you also do a little CW. I was finally getting my speed up to a rapid 8 words a minute and then I quit practicing. I need to get back with it. I like it, I'm just no good at it. Enjoy your stay here.

Chris

Last edited by KI4RVH : 07-25-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spallin and grahmar
Old 07-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Bronze

KC8TCQ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI4RVH View Post
Welcome Keith. Theres a great bunch of folks in this place. We won't hold it against you that you know Tom. I see you like 10 meter SSB. 10 meters is my favorite band. You can take a crappy antenna and a 25 watt radio and work the world. Its the poor amateurs dream band! I see you also do a little CW. I was finally getting my speed up to a rapid 8 words a minute and then I quit practicing. I need to get back with it. I like it, I'm just no good at it. Enjoy your stay here.

Chris

Actualy I make poor attempts at it. I have hearing issues which make it hard to copy.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Gold Member

WV6Z is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WV6Z

Hi Keith, great to see you here!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Gold Member

K0DXC is on a distinguished road

Hey Keith!

Welcome!